Friday, July 18, 2008

Beijing: First impressions

So Beijing had a tough time convincing me of it's wonderfulness right from the get-go.

Last night was our last night in Japan, so we had a couple of drinks and ended up at Karaoke. Needless to say that when we had to get on a plane with a large group of Chinese students returning home, we were not in the best of moods.

Even though I'm prepared to admit that fatigue, a hangover and humidity make me a trifle persnickety, Beijing is the craziest place I could have imagined. The traffic, the people and the smells have not made a wonderful first impression.

But, the hostel has all the necessities, also it's in a very good location, everything is really cheap and we have arranged to go to the Great Wall tomorrow which I'm sure will redeem the chaotic impressions of day one. Stay posted for photos!!

No comments: